Ask the Weatherman
Recently Answered Questions
Considering a trip out to Colorado early April- obviously too far out to know anything specific, but are there any early indicators or patterns to think that this year might be like last year? Also curious to know what the snowpack is like and where the best chance of good snow might be late season. Thanks!
Brian, Sounds like wind could be an issue on Thursday, with lifts possibly going on wind hold. I assume Thursday would be the best day as far as snow. If you had to pick a mountain in VT/NH/ME, with the best combo of jackpot snow, lower winds (least chance of wind holds), where would you head? I live in Amesbury, MA, and I'm willing to go anywhere in NE, although if roads will be bad Weds night, then obviously would prefer to not have to ehad too far North. Thanks, Ben
Joel, 4 part question Any insight on the tues storm if winds will be lift closers will snow be more in morning or afternoon Will am reports be low but have 4 -5 inches by lift openings Will there be snow falling after lift close and how much Trying to decide on tues or wed for the ski day Thanks Brian
Hi Joel, Any thoughts on when monarch might see big snow or any snow for that matter after the tues wed storm. I have a brother coming to town and wants to ski monarch. He could come March 14 15 16 or the following March 21 22 23 Thanks Brian
Joel, I am confused as to what happened today Its 3:30PM Winterpark is at 12 inches Copper close to 10 Others are way higher than the forecast of 3-6 for the day All I can say as its my bad for not going but if the day forecast was 10-12 then I would have gone even thought the am reports were basically 0 everywhere Can you explain what happened? It was double your day forecast What about tonight for Winter Park as I will be skiing todays leftovers tomorrow unfortunetly. Dont get me wrong its only my fault and not yours I chose poorly but I do bank on the forecast for my decisions so just trying to understand Thanks Brian
Heading to Vagabond on Sunday. Probably pass you on the way in! Would love to get a report on conditions and suggestions. We dont have a sled but was curious as to which area you skied. Thanks for any info you could provide.
Next week there looks to be a fair bit of snow coming in on Wednesday and Thursday according to some other websites. What do you guys think of the storm and which areas will see more snow? We are thinking of going to Whiteface or Vermont.
Hey Joel Trying to get a handle on Friday and when the bulk of the snow will hit. Will it be small snow reports Friday morning and possibly all the 3-6 forecasted by lift opening or will it wait and light to moderate snow after lift opening until noon or early afternoon. Makes a difference on if I take the day off but you say it will be a powder day so even if they 3-6 but it's spread out during the day I don't really consider that a powder day even though it is still good and soft snow. Powder day for me is face shots or at least 6-8 to start with Also is will winter park or copper be better Thanks Brian
More of a site question, would it be possible to use different icons for each of the regional daily snows? So I could have multiple regions on my bookmark bar without labels and be able to know "this one is Colorado" vs "this one is PNW". Maybe change the PNW one to have a raindrop instead of a snowflake? :)
Hi Bryan, I've been following your updates, as I'm on vacation this week to shred. Thank you for keeping me up to speed! It seems this next storm, through Thursday, is still an unknown for powder or rain in the Tahoe area. I'm debating riding Kirkwood on Thursday, or holding off for Sierra on Friday. What do you think would be the better choice? Thanks! Jake