Need more OpenSnow?
Get a Pro Account.
Quickly Find Your Forecast and Report

Ask the Weatherman

February 7 2013, 8:46am timw asked:

Hey Joel, Love the site. I need to decide in the next hour or two whether to head to Steamboat for the weekend or stay local - Eldora. Are we still looking at a good upslope or are the models starting to favor west and north? And if I head to Steamboat how ugly is it going to be getting back to Boulder on Sunday evening?

February 7 2013, 10:43am Joel Gratz answered:

Great question - I think Steamboat now looks like a good option. No promises for major pow up there, but the base is good and these should see some good wrap around on Sat night / Sunday. Eldora will still get snow, but without a big upslope I don't think it's going to be a big pow day.

Sunday could be an OK drive, at least weatherwise. Some snow over Rabit Ears and also around the tunnel, but I'd hope that the lower elevations along US40 and east of the tunnel are drier. Just want for the I-70 traffic!

JOEL

OpenSnow proudly brought to you by...

Be the first to know about snow!

Without your e-mail we can't...
- give you weekly updates on the snow
- enter you for the chance to win free prizes
- give you free skiing for a whole season
(ha, no way, but thanks for reading this far)
We promise not to sell your e-mail address. We're not even sure how to sell it, actually.
Find us on Google+