That's a wrap for the 2016-2017 season and what a season it was!
Jackson Hole went out with style as they picked up 12+ inches for closing weekend, 593" of total snowfall in Rendezvous Bowl, and a closing base depth at 134% of average.
Looking back at each month, the powder train cranked up to full pow(d)er in early December and never let up!
Simply put, this was a winter to remember!
For Grand Targhee, even though Jackson Hole dominated the headlines, this winter was nothing to scoff at. Grand Targhee is heading into the final week of the season with 482 inches and a base depth at 121% of average.
And to show my love for this amazing
Thank you so much for reading the Teton Daily Snow, have a great summer, and we'll see you right back here for the 2017-2018 season!
1) Bridger-Teton Avalanche Center: http://jhavalanche.org/index.php
2) Find the specific Jackson Hole forecast, webcams, and snow reports here: https://opensnow.com/location/jacksonhole
3) Find the specific Grand Targhee forecast, webcams, and snow reports here: https://opensnow.com/location/grandtarghee
Did you know that you can get more from OpenSnow?
If you’re looking for a way to support OpenSnow and get access to more data, consider signing up for the All-Access Pass.
- 10-day forecasts
- Custom alerts to know about upcoming powder days
- Time-lapse webcams for tracking exactly when fresh snow has fallen
- Email delivery of the Teton Daily Snow as soon as it’s published
All of this costs just $19 for one full year (365 days) and helps to support OpenSnow so that we can spend money and time to further improve our website and mobile apps.
I’d love to count you as an All-Access member!