It's snowing lightly on Sunday morning, April 15, the last day of the ski season for Schweitzer Mountain, Brundage Mountain, and Sun Valley in Idaho. Silver Mountain plans to reopen next weekend. Get out and make some turns and put on your party hat for the final apres ski activities!
Short Term Forecast
Fresh powder to finish out the season today! (Courtesy Schweitzer Mountain)
It's snowing lightly at Schweitzer, Silver Mountain and Brundage Mountain this morning to provide a nice fresh coating of snow on top of freshly groomed slopes. It's cloudy at Sun Valley, where a 30 percent chance of rain/snow mix is expected, with scattered storms.
Silver Mountain has had 4 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours, 1 inch since closing yesterday. It's 30 degrees at the base area this morning and the high will be 40 degrees.
Schweitzer Mountain reported 0 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours. It's 28 degrees and snowing lightly. There's a 70 percent chance of snow today for the final day of operations. High of 37 degrees.
Brundage Mountain has received 2 inches in the last 24 hours, 1 inch since closing yesterday. It's 34 degrees at the base area and 29 degrees at the summit.
It's 33 degrees at the base of Bald Mountain in Sun Valley this morning, and 28 degrees at the summit. Could be some fresh snow falling on the top half of the mountain today. Spring conditions!
No extended forecast because today is the final day of operations for Idaho ski resorts with the exception of Silver Mountain, which will reopen next weekend for two more days of lift-served skiing!
It's been a pleasure serving you this ski season for OpenSnow.com. Have a great summer!
Ski area closing dates:
- Schweitzer Mountain will operate daily through Sunday, April 15.
- Sun Valley will operate daily through Sunday, April 15.
- Silver Mountain reopened this weekend, April 14-15, and plans to reopen on April 21-22, weather-permitting.
- Brundage Mountain operated for a bonus weekend, April 14-15, closing on the 15th.
- Bogus Basin closed on April 8.
- Pomerelle closed on April 8.
- Tamarack Resort closed on April 1.
- Pebble Creek closed on April 1.
Did you know that you can get more from OpenSnow?
If you’re looking for a way to support OpenSnow and get access to more data, consider signing up for the All-Access Pass.
- 10-day forecasts
- Custom alerts to know about upcoming powder days
- Time-lapse webcams for tracking exactly when fresh snow has fallen
- Email delivery of the Idaho Daily Snow as soon as it’s published
All of this costs just $19 for one full year (365 days) and helps to support OpenSnow so that we can spend money and time to further improve our website and mobile apps.
I’d love to count you as an All-Access member!