Idaho Daily Snow

Chance of snow on Tuesday

Summary

A new storm moved into Southern Idaho on Tuesday, bringing a chance of snow at Southern and Central Idaho resorts. Watch the snow levels because the storm and temperatures are a little on the warm side. Brundage Mountain is forecast to receive 1-3 inches on Tuesday, with a potential for 8-9 inches by Thursday. South of the Snake River, Pomerelle and Pebble Creek will have partly cloudy skies on Tuesday before the storm moves in on Wednesday. Snow levels are forecast to be in the 5,000-7,000 foot range through Wednesday, depending on location, and then falling to 4,000-5,000 by Thursday, and 4,000 by Friday.

Sponsored

★☆☆☆☆ "Too Much Snow" at Snowbird

Make the quick trip down from Idaho and take your ski vacation to the next level! Ride Snowbird's legendary terrain with over 20 feet of snow so far this season. Receive the best deals on lodging and tickets. Stay at the mountain and ride powder that's too deep for most to handle. Book Your Powder Getaway Today!

Short Term Forecast

Happy rider at Schweitzer Mountain, enjoying the spring snow. (Courtesy Schweitzer Mountain) 

The storm moving through Idaho beginning on Tuesday is not forecast to bring much precipitation to North Idaho resorts. Schweitzer Mountain, Silver Mountain and Lookout Pass have a 30 percent chance of precipitation on Tuesday, and Schweitzer may see some sunshine and wind on Wednesday. Thursday appears to be the best day for a chance of new snow in the north with a 70 percent chance. 

Extended Forecast

The 5-day outlook is calling for a range of 4-8 inches of new snow through Friday particularly at Southern and Central Idaho resorts, with 6 inches expected at Pomerelle and up to 4 inches at Sun Valley, Tamarack, Pebble Creek and Soldier Mountain. 

Sunshine is forecast on Saturday statewide, and then a new storm is coming on Sunday. 

Announcements

Silver Mountain, Lookout Pass, Lost Trail Pass and Sun Valley have spring season pass sales going on for the 2019-2020 season. There's a short window of time to buy the passes at the fully discounted spring rates.  

Ski areas are beginning to announce their closing dates and pond skimming events. Magic Mountain closes on Saturday, March 30. 

Sun Valley plans to stay open through April 21. 

Brundage has a pond-skimming event planned on April 6, and a Gelande Quaff beer-catching and drinking event on the last day of operations on April 13. 

Bogus Basin has a PBR Ribbon Hunt planned on April 7.  

Schweitzer Mountain has a Duck Derby scheduled for April 6th, chance to win a free season pass! 

The Leadman ski-bike-run relay race at Silver Mountain is scheduled for April 20. 

Lookout Pass has a Cardboard Box Derby and Hawaiian Luau planned on April 14, and pond skimming event on April 21, plus Easter egg hunt and Beach Party Luau. 

Upgrade to OpenSnow All-Access and receive exclusive benefits.

  • Hourly Forecasts for 3 days
  • Daily Forecasts for 10 days
  • Favorite & Timelapse Cams
  • Custom Forecast Alerts
  • No Banner Advertisments

See the whole picture for only $19/year and never miss another powder day.